Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The First Few Days

Hi everyone!

This is my first post detailing my adventures in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Today is my second day in the city; however, it is the fourth day of the trip, as getting all the way to Vietnam from Pittsburgh is a lengthy process.

Now that I am here, though, I am having a great time. Our days are structured in a way that make them both educational and fun. During the mornings, we go to the University of Economics and Finance for Vietnamese language classes and various other lectures. In the afternoon, we travel by bus to a different location every day. On the first day, we visited the US Consulate; typically, we will be spending our afternoons at companies. On these visits, we will be briefed on the activities of the company and will be given a tour of the facilities.

I am making a lot of new friends, learning about Vietnamese industry, and trying all sorts of new foods. Hopefully the rest of the trip will be as productive and exciting as these past two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment