Monday, May 12, 2014

The Ben Thanh Market and Buddhist Temple

Today, we practiced bartering in our Vietnamese language class. After class, we went to a huge market to go practice our language skills. I bought a few gifts for my family and I also got a lot of clothing for myself. Everything was super-cheap after I negotiated the prices down.

After our trip to the market, we went to a Buddhist temple. The temple was incredibly peaceful, and I'm very glad that we were able to visit.Thich Quang Duc, the Buddhist monk who immolated himself in a famous protest, sacrificed himself near the temple. We walked to the location at which he killed himself and viewed the shrine to him. The shrine was absolutely beautiful, and after seeing it I began to think about the incredible bravery and will required to do what Thich Quang Duc did.



No comments:

Post a Comment