Friday, May 16, 2014

Last Day

Today, we played soccer and basketball against the UEF students, including players on the actual university soccer and basketball teams. We held our own in soccer (I scored a goal!), but the basketball team beat us pretty handily. We then had a free afternoon, so I went with a group of UEF and Pitt students to another cafe. I gave a few t-shirts to the UEF students, and I received some pretty cool gifts in return. After going to the cafe, we went around the city with the UEF students and I saw some beautiful landscapes and views of the city's skyscrapers.
**Disclaimer: I'm just sitting on the bike. I most definitely did not ride on a motorbike

For dinner, all of the Pitt students were taken to a boat restaurant. The meal was one of the best that I have had here, and being able to tour the waterfront via boat was absolutely stunning. I always like to end a trip with a beautiful view, and I got exactly what I was looking for.

When we got back, I picked up the suit that I ordered, and I love it! We all look pretty good in our suits, if you ask me.


To conclude, I had more fun and learned more than I could have ever imagined in just a two-week span. I have made countless friends, both American and Vietnamese, who I hope I can stay in touch with, no matter how far (or near) they may be. Plus3 Vietnam has been the best experience of my entire life, and I truly think that I am better prepared to be an engineer because of the things, both tangible and intangible, that I learned and experienced on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment